Bridging the Arts in Lee County
September 21 - 23, 2018
When Keokuk Rocks the Arts
Fort Madison Art in Central Park
KEOKUK ROCKS THE ARTS in Keokuk, Iowa
Friday, September 21
- 7:30 pm - The Glass Menagerie performed by the Great River Players at the GRP Theatre, (17 S. 6th Street). $10 ticket.
- 8:00 pm - Rod Pierson's "Not So Big Band" (Jazz concert) - The Grand Theatre, (26 N. 6th St.) $15 ticket.
- 9 am - 6 pm - Art Exhibit & Sale by regional artists at the Keokuk Union Depot, (100 Mississippi Dr.,)
- 10 am - chalk drawing at Victory Park, (Keokuk's riverfront)
- Puppet shows, rock painting, and storytelling - Miller House Museum, (318 N. 5th St.)
- Performances by Rae Ann's School of Dance dancers and "The Islanders" Irish singing group. Food vendors. The former Palace (601 Blondeau St.)
- 3:00 pm - MoTown Sound/Fantasy Band at the Grand Theatre, (26 N. 6th St.) $15 ticket.
- 5 pm - 7 pm - "Plein Air Drawing" - regional artists of all ages will exhibit their drawing skill at historic locations in Keokuk. The works will be exhibited and sold at the Grand Theater, (26 N. 6th St.)
- 7:30 pm - "Free Fallin" Tom Petty Tribute Band rock concert at the Grand Theatre, (26 N. 6th St.) $20 ticket
- 3pm - The Temperance Brass Band at the Grand Theatre, (26 N. 6th St.)
ART IN CENTRAL PARK in Fort Madison, Iowa
Sunday, September 23
10 am - 4 pm
- Art in the Park exhibits
- Musical entertainment
- BBQ and Brew
- Kids activities in the Fun Zone
- Plein Air artists' exhibitions from 2:30 - 4 pm.